Skip to main content

FAQ for Indian Hills

FAQ for Indian Hills

Leasing Questions

Do I need an appointment? Do you take walk-ins?

No appointment is necessary to tour our community; however, it is always appreciated if you call ahead to make sure we are available to provide adequate time for you to tour and ask questions. Please arrive no later than one half hour prior to closing if you would like to tour the property. Everyone over 18 must have a valid photo ID to tour the community.

Why do your prices have ranges?

Our apartment homes are priced individually based on the amenities and features.

What is the application fee and is it refundable?

Application fees are $40 per person 18 and older occupying the apartment. You must also pay a $100 holding fee to reserve your unit at the time of applying. All application fees are non-refundable.

How do I apply?

Applications may be found under the Floor Plans tab of our property website, or you can stop in the office for a paper application during business hours.

Which utilities do I pay?

Water, Sewer, Trash, and Pest Control are billed to you monthly through the property ($42 one bedroom or $52 two bedroom). Residents are responsible to set up electric service through Evergy and gas through Black Hills Energy prior to move in.

What is the security deposit?

The security deposit starts at $250 and can go up to a full month of rent. The fee is based on rental history, job history, and credit history. It must be paid in full within three weekdays of application approval or your application will be moved to the wailist. 

When is my rent payment due? What day of the month am I liable for a late charge?

Rent is always due on or before the 1st of the month. There will be a three-day grace period with late fees beginning on the 4th of each month (including Sundays and Holidays).

How can I pay my rent?

You can pay rent by setting up your resident portal through our property website or mobile app. This allows you to use a bank account or credit card (with a fee) to make payments. We do not accept cash, money orders, starter checks, postdated checks, or incomplete checks.

What kind of pets do you allow? How many pets may I have?

Up to 2 pets, cats or dogs, are allowed. The one-time, non-refundable Pet Fee is $300 to register the first pet and an additional $200 to register a second pet. Monthly Pet Rent is $40 for 1 pet and $75 for 2 pets. 

Resident Questions

If I get a job transfer, can I break the lease?

Yes, if the lease buy-out fee has been paid. A 30-day notice is required before vacating your apartment, and the lease buy-out fee is $1,500. Please make sure that you reference your signed lease agreement and confirm policies with your Property Manager as there could be unique circumstances.

If I am part of the military and receive deployment or reassignment orders, can I break the lease?

Yes, service members can break their lease without penalty in certain circumstances through the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA). Please contact the property manager as soon as possible in this situation. You will need to provide written notice and a copy of your military orders.

How can I refer a friend?

If you love our apartments and want to refer a friend, please let our office know! We offer a $200 resident referral program throughout the year and would love for your friends and family to join our community. Make sure your referral mentions you sent them at their tour to qualify!

If something needs to be repaired in my apartment, how do I report it?

You may call the office, send an e-mail, or leave a message with the answering service. The best method to submit work orders is online through our Monarch Resident Services app. All emergency work orders need to be called in, please do not submit work orders for emergencies.

There is a person who might be staying with me for a while, is that permitted by the lease?

Yes, if someone is temporarily staying with you, please let the office know so we can accommodate for parking. If someone is permanently moving in, or staying longer than 2 days, they will need to fill out an application to be added to your lease agreement.

I will be moving out. What do I need to do?

We require a 60-day written notice, which you are responsible for, prior to move-out. If you need to move-out at the end of your lease term, please remember to come in 60 days prior to the lease expiring to provide your written notice.

Do you have cable/Internet services?

Yes, Cox is our preferred provider for cable/internet services. Contact the Leasing Office to get our representatives phone number.

Is renters insurance required?

Yes! We do require renters insurance but offer a waiver program at $15 per month for those who choose not to obtain coverage from an insurance carrier. If you elect to obtain coverage, you will be required to provide proof of this coverage to the leasing office and the policy must meet our minimum requirements of $100,000 Liability Coverage and $10,000 Personal Property Coverage.

Can I grill on the property?

Grills are not allowed to be stored or used on balconies or patios. If you have your own grill you must store it in a garage or storage shed and when in use you may grill on the ground level 10 feet from the building. We do provide grilling stations on the property for resident use.

I am locked out of my apartment/garage. What do I do?

If you have lost your keys, you may have new keys made at our office during business hours for a small fee. If it is outside of office hours, please contact a local locksmith.

I have lost my apartment and/or mailbox keys. What do I do?

If you have lost your keys, you may have new keys made at our office during business hours for a small fee. If it is outside of office hours, please contact a local locksmith.